Terms and Conditions of Use
These terms and conditions of business are between writingsuccess.co.uk (“Writing Success”, which is wholly owned by Guidemark Publishing Limited), and a student (“student”). They shall be deemed to have been accepted when the student uses the Writing Success website and services.
“Agreement” means this agreement including the enrolment the student completes online, including details of fees payable to Writing Success by the student.
“Student” shall mean the individual that enrols on the course.
“Course” means the online course to which the student has enrolled, provided by Writing Success.
“Site” means the website(s) used by Writing Success for the purpose of running the eLearning courses.
No variation can be made to these terms without the written consent of a Director of Guidemark Publishing Limited.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Services Under this Agreement the student will create an email login and password to access the e-learning course they have enrolled onto.
3. Payment of Fee The student must pay any course fees in advance. Fees are set out within the enrolment section of the website.
4. User License Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Writing Success's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Writing Success at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
4. Student’s Obligations
The student agrees that for so long as it is party to this Agreement: 1. it shall not use the Services for any unlawful activity. 2. it shall ensure that all information that it provides to Writing Success is accurate, does not contain any misleading items or misrepresentations, does not infringe any other person’s rights and does not breach any applicable law. 3. it shall not upload to the Site or Services any material nor use the Site or Services for the distribution of any material, which Writing Success in its sole discretion considers offensive, immoral, abusive, indecent or otherwise undesirable, and shall not use the Site or Services or any information from them for spamming or any other purpose not approved by us. 4. It shall not attempt to access data or any parts of Writing Success’s system which it is not authorised to access. 5. It shall provide such information as Writing Success may reasonably request to confirm that all information supplied is correct and/or that it is not in breach of the Agreement. 6. It shall defend and indemnify Writing Success against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising as a result of its breach of this Agreement.
5. Writing Success’s Rights 1. Writing Success may suspend or block the student’s access to the Services at any time if the student breaches any of the terms of this Agreement. 2. Writing Success may develop its web site and service further, so reserve the right: a. to make changes to the Site and Services; and b. to render the Services unavailable for periods where this is necessary for development or maintenance.
6. Confidentiality The parties agree that they will only use the others’ confidential information for the performance of this Agreement, and will not disclose it to other parties other than as necessary for the performance of this Agreement or as required by law.
7. Liability 1. Writing Success will endeavour to keep the Services working as often as possible, but will not be responsible for any time for which it is unavailable, whether due to telecommunications or internet failures or otherwise. All users are responsible for taking appropriate measures against the risks associated with using the internet, including viruses and other harmful mechanisms, and Writing Success will not be liable to the student for any loss, damage or liability caused by any such item. 4. Writing Success’s entire liability to the student, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be limited to the fees paid by the student to Writing Success in the twelve months preceding the date on which such liability arose. 5. In no event will Writing Success be liable to the student for any indirect, consequential or special loss or damage, including lost profits, sales, business, data, goodwill, savings or otherwise, however caused (including by negligence). 6. If any of the preceding sub-clauses is found invalid or unenforceable, the remaining sub-clauses remain in full force and effect.
8. General 1. All copyright, trademarks, patents, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the Site, Services and underlying functions are the property of Writing Success, which is wholly owned by Guidemark Publishing Limited, or its licensors, and the student must not copy, alter or otherwise infringe any such rights. 2. Notices must be sent in writing or by e-mail to the relevant party’s details provided at the time of enrolment or otherwise properly notified to the other party. Notices are deemed received two working days after posting, and twenty four hours after dispatch by email. 3. This Agreement is the entire agreement between Writing Success and the student, and supersedes all previous agreements and statements relating to its subject matter. 4. This Agreement is governed by English law, and the student submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that web sites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. If you are below 13 then you can NOT use this site. Do NOT enrol if you are below the age of 13.
By registering to use this site you meet the above criteria and agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies.
For legal reasons we are obliged to state the following:
Disclaimer: To the fullest extent permitted by law, the sellers are providing this material, its subsidiary elements and its contents on an ‘as is’ basis and make no (and expressly disclaim all) representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this material or its contents including, without limitation, advice and recommendations, likely results, warranties or merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The information is given for entertainment purposes only. In addition, we do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this material is accurate, complete or current. Writing Success has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Writing Success of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the sellers nor any of its affiliates, partners, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this material. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
This course is sold for entertainment purposes only, and the author, publishers and/or distributors are not responsible for any actions taken as a result of studying this course.